Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ride of passage

To me, Lynn already embodies the spirit of American adventure- but I believe this ride will be in a way- a rite of passage for her or in this case a Ride of passage. It's interesting to me that she has chosen this particular moment in time-in her life- for the longest, hardest ride of her life-a ride that will take her - alone and collectively with others- through many cities, towns, cultures and I'd suppose- changes. What changes? I don't know. I'm sure she doesn't know. But - sometimes you just know that you know you are going to be changed by something. I think this will change her. I'm "joy"-My part is to share with the world or rather Lynn's circle of friends, whatever she wants shared while on her cycling adventures...and of course to add my own commentaries on the journey. So, as the journey unfolds, I'll be here-writing for or as "Lynn." I don't know much about "cycling language" or what it could possibly feel like to ride hundreds of miles a day. But, I'll use my imagination to report to you whatever I hear in Lynn's voice or whatever I feel through her words or pictures.
I'm proud of Lynn-all that she is and might continue to become in this life-She is a wonderfully unique person and just as E.E. Cummings said, "To be nothing but yourself ...in a world which is doing its best, night and day to make you somebody else – Means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting." That-- I understand. So my words to Lynn are trust in your own unfolding- It just happens. Even if you think this is just going to be one heck of a good workout.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! im one of boosters!
mount vernon
Good luck with your bikeing,
Never give up! :3
you are the awesomeness!!!!

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yo mt.vernon boosters hear
rock on lynn


hi im donald

when u get back chach me on myspace or e-mail
if u wish
d.w.199@hotmail.com




keep on riden
donald w preddy

Anonymous said...

Hi, my nane is Fatima from mount Vernon. we can't wait till you get back.
keep up the hard work.

Anonymous said...

wow i really find what your doing is very interesting...i want to ride across the world like you do...not to be rude but your age and riding a bike...omg i want to i want to i really do you seem so active i wish my grandmother was as active as you i cant even get her to walk a block with me..well i think i wrote to much but i want to let you know that you are added in my prayers and i want to let u know to go on with what yur doing and that god is watching over you...peace out
p.s my name is tiffany monk and i attend mount vernon booster program

Anonymous said...

Hi,My name is Rochelle I go to Mount Vernon. And I heard about your your bicycling acrosss conutry. I think That is so awesome!I think you should keep pushing your self and encourage other people/ young kids to try this.