Monday, June 9, 2008

Email from Lynn


Tonight, I received an email from Lynn. She had access to a computer! That makes this update easier for me. She is camping at First Presbyterian Day School in Macon. That's where they had access to computers.


In her email, she clearly expressed that she had a nice ride and it didn't seem to be as hot ---of course, she started at 6am and finished at 11am today. She did more miles then most as she does the hammerhead option. It seems that each day she worries a bit about finding someone to finish out this longer ride option. This time, she said she found a Young man (a med student at UNC) -imagine that -finding a NC fellow there-She was definitely glad to find someone to ride with her on the long ride. Each day so far she's started the rides with a new friend, Audrey. But, I don't think Audrey does the long ride. Audrey sounds like an incredible and strong woman though (a breast cancer survivor). The only negative comments Lynn made was that there were about 11 miles of really AWEFUL roads which were jarring to her body.


As far as her ankle, she says it is better and I think she gets some assistance from the "sweet" man pictured here - I believe he helps her out with the ice pack each day. He is one of the "posse"- that's what she is now calling them- His name is Lewis. I think she arrives at camp each day a bit before them, I'm sure she scouts out the amenities around camp and then directs them to what they need (the towel lady, the showers, the food, the llama, massages, etc.)

Tonight, she did not have a meal ticket and I forgot to ask her how/what she was able to eat today. Hopefully, it was a good meal to keep her strength up. I think Wed she can choose a 100 mile option. She said her "Posse" would be disappointed if she didn't do it.


We'll see if she's up to it- My guess would be she is going to go for it! Afterall, this is practice for September.

No comments: