Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 7 message from Lynn

"Whew, a lot of miles today. 152 to 157 miles depending on whose computer you looked at. Crossed over the Continental Divide today at an elevation of around 7700 ft. I'm now in Socorro NM. Tomorrow is a 'light' day of riding - 105 miles. Ha ha. 6800 ft of climbing though after the first 65 miles. Ouch. Intestinal issues, sunburn and sore legs seem to be my only complaints so far. Had dinner at the Sonic tonight. Do you think that might have some affect on my digestive tract? Not much to choose from in Socorro and sounds like even less in Ruidoso where we'll be Sunday night. Rode some of the miles with a tandem today. Had a great time sucking their wheel at 33 mph, later they were too much for me descending. Too fast. I'd need boulders in my pockets to give me the weight and momentum to stay with them. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. They ride every other day since they are part of the crew. That's the deal with being on the crew, work one day and ride the next. Remember to check out Susan's pictures and Len's blog at pactour.com. Len does a great write up with pics, maps and comments.

Thank you Mount Vernon Middle School for the faxes, blog comments, postcards and chocolate. You guys are awesome. Time for bed."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what kind of chocolate do you want at your chocolate party.

Anonymous said...

Omg Mrs Lynn u are doing alot. I am so happy for you I wish that was me. I am so Jealous. But just know that we are praying for you. I went to church on Sunday and I asked the church to pray for Mrs.Lynn cause she was on a biking trip. I said she is riding her bike across the world. My church said WOW. I said yep. They are so happy for you. We love you

We are praying for you lots of love

Demonica