Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 10


Message from Lynn:


"What a great day of riding. Day 10 is done. 107.5 miles of riding with a tailwind. I rode with Mike from Ohio. We averaged 21 mph for the ride. It was soooo much fun. At one point he asked me if the pace was okay and I said yes afraid to look at how fast we were going - 28.7 with no effort. Amazing what a difference a tailwind makes. We are in Clovis NM today and tomorrow we ride to Amarillo TX. We're staying at the Big Texan home of the 72 ounce steak. I wonder if anyone will order it. Right now everyone is hanging out by the pool having gin and tonics. I'm at the pool but not drinking g & t. I just finished a chocolate milkshake. It felt good against my cracked chapped dry lips. I look like a raccoon from all of the sun. I have progressed to 70 SPF sunblock on my face and 50 SPF everywhere else. I try not to look in the mirror anymore. It's frightening. No interesting scenery today. Just straight interstate riding with very little traffic. It's been kind of nice seeing so much undeveloped land so far on this trip. Thanks Mount Vernon Middle School for the terrific stars with encouraging words. Excellent!"


Students: I set it up so you should now be able to Google: "mount vernon middle school" and pull up this blog. Your support, comments, mail and the fact that you are following / keeping up with Lynn through this blog means a lot to her!

1 comment:

KateMadd/skmckinn said...

Hey Lynn! Happy riding, and hooray for tailwind! We'll be doing Bikram for you.