Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 9 Messages from Lynn

This is another message sent by Lynn:

"A much better day of riding as compared to yesterday. A short day, only 97 miles. I actually had time to do my laundry and go to the infamous UFO museum in Roswell after I got back. It was very nice to have the afternoon to do stuff. There wasn't a lot of exciting scenery today. Some climbing and rolling terrain. I rode most of the ride solo. Just did my own thing. Having daily issues with my derailler and have to keep getting it adjusted. I hope my beloved bike will survive this trip. It is definitely beginning to balk. Tomorrow we head to Clovis NM. On Wed. we will be crossing over into Texas. We are a third of the way done. Is it Oct. yet?"

I talked to Lynn while she was doing her Laundry. Her voice is tired. We talked for a while but didn't really say much. She again indicated the trip was much more challenging than she had thought it would be. But said she'd met some really nice people. She also mentioned she had seen a SPIDER in NM that was the size of a hand!! It was crossing the rode. Wild huh?

1 comment:

KateMadd/skmckinn said...

Hey, Lynn!!! My mom just showed me your blog! Tailwinds ARE awesome--they can push you up hills, even. We are thinking of you in the studio. If it's not too new-agey of me, I'll do my Bikram "for you" tomorrow! luv Kate