Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 3 in detail

Wow. These photos by Susan are terrific. Lynn sent me this - as she is not able to take that many pictures with her cell while riding. Please click the link and then go to Susan's photos -

There is a great photo on day 3 so click the Susan's photos link above then click on Susan's photos then click day 3 for the one of Lynn getting spritzed by Tracy. I like to just click slide show and see the day.

Please do keep coming to this blog, though to catch from her, how Lynn is doing and to see any pictures she may be able to get with her phone. I will periodically repeat the link to Susan's photos.

As for day 3 - Lynn said, "It was a pretty good day. 114 miles from Blythe CA to Wickenburg AZ. Not as hot, 103 degrees, but felt cooler than yesterday. Rode with little John again from Liverpool. I'm sure he is tired of pulling me everyday. He is so YOUNG and strong. I think everyone had a good day of riding except for Hans from Sweden. He's so sweet. I think the heat has been a factor. I can't believe I have 23 more days of this. What was I thinking? Tomorrow is a lot of climbing. Ugh. My appetite has been better today. I was able to eat lunch at the rest stop in Gladden with hundreds of flies and livestock nearby. I've started diluting my Gatorade as it is making me sick on my stomach. Taking a lot of electrolyte caps and even with the intake my shorts are white with salt. It's been very hot. As for scenery, miles of desert, but beautiful mountains to gaze at along the way. I spent most of time focusing on John's back wheel. Lots of RV camping along the way. We rode on interstate 78 for 31 miles before taking the Wickenburg exit and then we had 80 plus miles from there with alternating tail and head winds before finishing."

No comments: