Wednesday, September 10, 2008

YESTERDAY Day 4

I talked with Lynn on the phone at length she said, they were in Cottonwood AZ. She indicated that this tour was harder than she thought it would be and I said, "Well you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig." She seemed sort of confused by what I said but I got a chuckle out of it anyway-and then I explained that 4 months ago McCain used this line to describe Hilary's healthcare plan and nobody heard about it but this week when Obama used it it in a similar way it was all over the news- politics- They aren't watching any TV when they hit the rooms I guess-- But anyway, to me, to ride a bike across the country was always a pig-lipstick or not- it has to be stinking hard-Well that's my opinion.

Lynn sent this info to me about Day 4, "7000 feet of climbing today. Three mountains. What a day. I enjoyed it. I took my time climbing alone. Some scary descending into the town of Jerome. Quaint little town then more descending into Cottonwood. John and I were first to arrive. Some people stopped in Jerome for coffee or ice cream. I just picked up a quart of choc milk which I am nursing until dinner. My appetite seems to be back to normal. Heat was not a factor today. We even got caught in some cold rain outside of Prescott. Had my rain jacket stuffed in my back pocket so I was able to protect my arms, but my hands went numb from the Reynauds. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day of climbing. Hope I have something left in my legs. I'm dangling my legs in the pool now. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep going Ms. Lynn!! I hope you have a safe trip the rest of the way.

~From A student at MT. Vernon.

Anonymous said...

way to go Ms.lynn!!!!! have an amazing trip and get home safe. Have fun.