Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tueday- TWO MORE DAYS to go

Lynn went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Woo hoo. She said there was nothing else around there. They'll be in Metter GA, a very small town today, Wed. But, Tuesday was a shorter day of 106 miles. They are in Perry GA and on eastern time right now. Yes, that's right-Two days to go.

Wed. they will ride 117 miles to Metter and on Thursday 87 miles to Tybee Island outside of Savannah. I think she's physically ready for the ride to be over. I'm sure it's been a long month of hard riding. If she decides to do another bike adventure, I think she might scale back to no more than a two week stretch. She said she's had a great time.

The first week was iffy. I don't think she was really feeling her place and she didn't really seem to have anyone to hang out with since she went on this ride completely alone- and you know Lynn is somewhat shy at first. Fortunately she hooked up with Mike to ride with during the day and it seems to have most dinners at night with. I'm sure it would have been a very long 26 days without her new friend, Mike.

Of course, I think Lynn feels she will probably never see any of these people again, but all in all she said, "It has been a wonderful life changing experience that I will always remember."

Lynn said she's already been asked about riding on Saturday when she gets home this weekend. Wow- do you think she'll do a century?

I really don't think so - in fact, I think she said Sat. will be "a spin out my legs day."

1 comment:

Lucky said...

its the home stretch Lynn. incredible journey. can't wait to hear your stories! Lucky